Spirulina Capsules will improve your immunity, promote a healthy heart and protect against chronic inflammation then add spirulina to your health routine. They are part of our Weight Management Product Cateogy
Spirulina is an ancient plant-based protein that has been around for centuries.
Spirulina is a blue-green algae also called BGAs. It has been consumed for centuries in many countries. For centuries they have been consumed as food or medicine.
Scientists discovered long ago that people who regularly consume green vegetables like spinach or kale typically had better health outcomes than those who did not because they were consuming greater amounts of chlorophyll – a substance produced by plants during photosynthesis.
Compare to other plant sources, Spirulina contains much more chlorophyll than other plant sources.
A study conducted in 1980 found that eating blue-green algae like Spirulina can help reduce cholesterol levels in humans when combined with dieting to lower blood pressure through fat reduction. Scientists speculate this effect is due to BGA’s high beta carotene content which converts into vitamin A within our body.
It’s rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which are known to protect the body from free radical damage.
Spirulina contains more than 60% protein, essential fatty acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C. It is also one of the few natural sources of beta carotene (a precursor to vitamin A).
Benefits of Spirulina Capsules:
- It is rich in protein, vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium.
- Spirulina contains all the essential amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) in good proportions to each other. This makes it an ideal food for vegetarians who want to get their protein from plant sources.
- Spirulina also contains beta carotene which the body converts into Vitamin A. Vitamin A help maintain healthy skin and mucous membranes (lining of mouth, nose, eyes). It is also important for the growth and development of bones in children.
- Spirulina Capsules helps to reduce cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Spirulina also improves blood circulation, which can help with anaemia and fatigue.
- Spirulina is a delicious, full-bodied protein that can help keep your mind clear and focused. Spirulina boosts serotonin levels in the brain which helps to maintain a healthy mind so you’ll be able to think clearly even when feeling stressed or anxious.
- Spirulina is one of the more nutritious foods in existence, and it boosts your immune system.
- Spirulina contains an enzyme called Superoxide Dismutase that helps to reduce swelling by preventing inflammation from getting out of control. This anti-inflammatory property makes spirulina a great food for anyone suffering from chronic inflammation or any other inflammatory disease such as lupus, arthritis etc.
- Spirulina Capsules have many different B vitamins which can help boost immunity levels while simultaneously reducing the risk of diseases like cancer through its ability to destroy carcinogens before they have a chance to affect you.
Additional reading source: Well+good